Qlik Geocoding Guidelines
If you follow the guidelines the results will be better.
- Use the template app
- Try with a few addresses first.
- Always store the result in QVD (as the template app does).
- Only do lookups of new addresses (as the template app does).
- Do NOT place sensitive data in index or address, it’s against the terms.
- Split larger tables in consecutive calls (as the template app does).
- Use specific address fields yields better and faster result.
- Fill in all indata fields with proper info. Quality of lookup is highly dependent on the quality of the indata.
- Make sure that the address fields only contain address information. Company names, phone numbers, c/o, apartment number etc messes up the result.
- If an location field info is missing or corrupt, it’s better to keep that field blank.
- Write out abbreviations if ambiguous, like C. is it “Corso”, “Calle” or “Contrado”?
- Zip info has very high precedence, omit if in doubt.